How to get rid of mildew smell?

Asked by Aug 23, 2008 at 08:06 AM

I think my air conditioning is producing mildew smell. Maybe some water is inside of there? What should I do?

385

Get your local repair shop to take the a/c out, and check it out to see what it could be.

4,655

A repair shop as Pete mention, to make sure the condensation from the evaporator is draining through a tube and is not plugged. Might also recommend once the problem area is fixed or verifying that it is draining would be to have the Heating and Air Conditioning ducts cleaned out

45

get a new car lol j/k i think there is some kind of deodorent that is sold for that ... i think ... and im not sure if it really work the best thing to do whould be to go to your local garage and make it chek by a pro :)

25

it could possibly be the evaporator core building up mildew or you could have a water leak through one of the rubber seals for your interior

55

there is a misting system that can hook up to a tube that will clear your vents, ask around at shops if they provide it