be carefull what you listen to

10

Asked by Jul 31, 2008 at 04:45 PM

i have been going to an automotive technician school for the past year and am graduating at the top of my class. i just want people to be aware about what you listen to about peoples diagnosis. there are a lot of intellegent and knowledgable people on this site, but there are also a lot of people who think they know what they are talking about (normally becuase they watch stuff on tv) but actually have no idea, so just becarefull about who you listen to and if your car is having problems your best bet is go to a shop you can trust, becuase for most people a car is the second biggest investment they will make, second to a house. if you listen or diagnose a problem wrong you have just wasted money and could have possibly done more damage to your car costing you more money. If a reputable shop miss diagnoses your concern they normally bite the bullet and fix it at mostly thier expense, or give you some sort of compensation. so be carefull what you listen to on here

8,545

Agreed... (*Secretly hopes he's considered one of the intelligent and knowledgeable people....)

4,965

Point well made, hard to diagnose anything that I cannot see in person. At most I will share if I had similar experiences.

70

dude ur my hero. wat skool do u go to?