Change cam for sound

Asked by Jayjay6992 Feb 27, 2020 at 08:29 PM

Question type: Car Customization

I want to change my cam but do not want to
change my value covers or no stall ! I want to use
my fator throttle body also ! Can I ever do that an if
so witch cam do I need

6 Answers

If you want a bad idle pull a couple of spark plug wires. A hot engine is not all that great to live with. What car and what engine are you asking about.

The Chevy 350 is a good candidate for a hot engine build but just putting in a lumpy cam is not going to work well. To do it right you need the correct valve train (and intake, exhaust) to go with the cam and you may need different pistons to clear the valves along with tall valve covers to clear the rockers. A high idle and lack of low end also mean a high stall torque converter and maybe a lower rear end gear.

Yea I understand all that ! So u are telling me that i cant put a cam in my 350 without doing all what u just said ! I was just wanting to hear it ! Not trying to build a nascar truck by no means !

You can put a reasonable cam in it. A really radical cam is another thing.

Ok I guess the isn't a cam for a stock 350 without doing all that what u were saying ? Is that what u are saying !

Your Answer:

Own this car?

Share your experience with others.

CarGurus Experts

  • #1
    Gene Arnett
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Know more, shop wisely


Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.