2000 dodge 1500 van, starts good, runs for about 1 minute, then starts to choke out.

Asked by Aug 10, 2013 at 04:57 PM about the Dodge Ram Van

I have replaced the TPS.IAC, Map sensor. Nothing changed, I also replaced the ASD main relay. Im hoping it isn't my fuel pump. any advise would help.

I have also changed the plugs and wires.

check the age of your battery...five years old is enough to give you problems...also system ground 1/0 cable connection to ground should be wirebrushed to assure full 300 cca's~....you will see the date of it's first charge on "knock-off" labels on the top of the battery~

do you hear the fuel pump pressurizing the fuel rail when you turn the key to the "on" position...if yes...it's not your fuelpump.~ if NO check for 12 volts at the pump...if they are there, but the pump ain't turnin' replace the pump~

if 12 volts are NOT at the pump when the key is in the "on" position would check the fuse and relay....the ASD relay if your vehicle is involved in an altercation such as someone parking too close~

you know...as I was saying system ground (that big hunkin' 1/0 cable has to pull enough amperage though that one bolted connecion is "WELD"ing the connection every time the starter is used...this creates debris from the repeated "welding" of this connection and makes your ground unreliable...this is not unique...most ECU problems stem from a varying source of amperages and varying voltages...the delicate electronics really are not designed to share the connection to the 300+ cold cranking amps....but that's the way they are made...NON-corrosion resistant design~

based on your description am going to suggest that a fuel pressure regulator is not operating...has the vacuum hose fallen off or a torn diaphragm....inspect this one please!~