2006 Chevy cobalt

Asked by Oct 12, 2015 at 03:01 PM about the Chevrolet Cobalt

Car quit replaced computer with used one programmed to the vin did the 30
minute reset still won't crank like its not getting gas

19,765

Isn't this the same car with the faulty ignition? I'm not sure I would trust this car. Lots of problems, see this below, http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Cobalt/2006/

Best Answer

Yes had it replaced

19,765

Judy, thanks for the best answer that I presume you marked . I hope that this car works for you in the interim, but, I wouldn't keep it too long. I have concerns about how safe this particular car is , and there's been documented evidence of people dying in this car from problems caused by "short cuts" at GM. When it comes to safety, there should never be "short cuts "! And, it doesn't have a good repair record for reliability either, SO, there's not much going for this car other than its CHEAP to purchase.

3,915

Meanwhile, getting back to her question... Why did you replace the computer? Were there codes telling you it was at fault or was it just a shot in the dark hoping for a good result?

Chevrolet place said it was the computer now it says low engine power and engine disabled won't even click lighs radio all work please help

I thought it was the fuel pump they said they bypassed the fuel pump and it was OK

3,915

The unknown here is probably the used computer. Were you able to determine if the new computer works properly? Sounds like it may need to go back to the shop again for some more diagnostics.

19,765

Judy, why did you purchase a "used computer " and where did you purchase it?

3,915

I'd still be a little suspicious of the fuel pump despite what the mechanic said. When you turn the key on without starting the car do you hear the pump run for a few seconds? If you do its fine, but if you don't then that requires further investigation.