Can anyone tell me the total height of a 1999 Chevy express Hi Top Conversion van

Asked by May 02, 2012 at 09:58 PM about the Chevrolet Chevy Van

I want to know the height from the ground to the highest point of the van. For the purpose of parking garages.
Some of those places are pretty low!

85

Depends on your conversion...mark3, Gladiator, etc.: every one is different. Only way to be sure is to measure! Put a board on top hanging over and tape measure it to the ground. My 95 Gladiator high top was 7'1", and for what its worth, DO NOT trust the height on signs in parking garages and such...always leave a few inches margin for error: they repave, change overhead pipes, dont account for ramps etc and dont change the signs...just ask my wife!! In her defense, per the sign, she should have had an inch or so clearance but they had done a 3-4" paving and she hit !

Thanks Burban. The board trick was what I was going to do if I didn't get an answer. I'll take precautions like you said......I don't need an unwanted sunroof....lol. Thanks

15,965

Everyone may have different heights depending on lif kits, suspension or tires. My neighbor's wife just goes and doesn't read signs, and like Burban said, then found out the height sign was wrong by 5 inches. Had a lawyer friend that got it fixed for for him. If you have anything on top that is higher than the roof, take that into account.