Anyone know about tranny slippage?

Asked by Jun 03, 2010 at 02:03 AM about the Isuzu Axiom

My transmission is slipping in 3rd gear and when I go over a bump, the transmission and cruise control lights come one and it threatens to shut off.
Anyone got any idea's?  My mechanic changed my fluid and put in some sort of additive, but no luck... It's still doing it.
Thanks to ya'all for reading
Girl with a funked up transmission in OR

OMG!! Someone with my problem!! I have a 2002 axiom, my 3rd gear was slipping to, eventually got worse, and started to actually bang when shifting into third. My mechanic just rebuild my WHOLE transmission, and $2,000 and 2 wks later,took it home and in 3 days it started again!! He just changed all my fluids yesterday, and he says it didn't fix the problem. He thinks it may be electrical? Something with the computer?? I'm wiped out, don't want to put another dime into this car, but I love it. It's up for sale right now!! If u or anyone finds out what the problem may be please contact me, would love to know the solution to this dilemma I'm facing. Thanks! My email-

I've got a 2002 Axiom XS; the check TOD light is coming on; I had a new transmission installed in 2008 (under warranty). This is what I've been reading about my problem: "It should NEVER be flushed, but instead the pan should be dropped, cleaned, and a new filter and fluid installed. The external flushes do not work, but instead can lead to failure 'cause they pack the sludge into places it shouldn't be." Just talked to a mechanic, said it should cost about $175 - $220.