What is the worst thing that has happened to your STi?

65

Asked by Feb 03, 2009 at 11:15 PM about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi

2008 was not a good year for my poor girl!  My poor car seemed to be a deer target.  I didn't think to take pictures of the damage from the second deer, but this damage from the first deer was definitely the worst!  Luckily, I have a very good body shop, and they restored her back to like new condition!

FYI: This happened a mile from the house, and I was still able to drive it home!  That says something about the safety of this car!

15

i was in CO and was going to fast for a couner on ice and got a curb with the left front it was bad driving :( and i jus got the motor back in cuz i was doing donots and spun a rod bairing did my self it was fun but lots of work

15

man i feel you r pain the other day my rear got egged, and the was depressing enough! ouch

65

My husband's got nailed in a hail storm yesterday (he has an '06). Luckily, I had a project that kept me at work late. When I called my husband to tell him I was probably going to stick around the office because it got really dark really fast outside, I could hear the hail nailing his car. I ran out to move mine (it was in the parking garage, but on the outside edge where it is fairly opened up). No sooner I moved my car to an inner part of the parking garage, you could hear it coming down....the size of golf balls. Here is just a sample of the damage. There isn't a panel on the car that doesn't need to be fixed! Shockingly, none of the glass broke or cracked. He has an appointment with the body shop tomorrow to find out if they are going to fix it or call it a total loss.

5

wow, deer target. My friend crashed his Subie while going 140 mph (07 version), nothing much happened to mine...yet.

35

Makes me cry to see a wrx in that shape :(

35

Well mine might have a blown head gasket. . .but im not sure if thats the problem yet. . .Its eatin anti-freese and there isnt any leaks.

35

Spun a rod bearing