AutoNation Chevrolet Anyone else been lied to by them to get you there?

10

Asked by Apr 06, 2013 at 05:18 PM about the Ford Ranger

Hidden fees on used cars; inaccurate
description; the salesperson even
asked to hold my debit card to make
sure I was serious....I just drove 1.5
hours to see the truck...of course I'm
serious....truck had major problems
not disclosed on cargurus....

I am not personally acquainted with AutoNation Chevrolet, don't even know where you or it is, but a salesman that wants to take your debit card from your hand is your first sign to RUN for the door, that's absolutely asinine and downright silly. Maybe not silly as a good choice of words, because it's serious. I hope you headed for the door with a certain finger in the air,, and write off your long drive to see the vehicle as a learning experience. In defense of CarGurus however, they don't write the ads, the salesmen do

Best Answer
10

DavidH25, that is precisely what I did. Thank you for your response! Cargurus has been great in this pursuit of a truck from my 16 year old...no complaints at all!! It was a good learning experience, and I think I'd rather pay a little more to keep it local than suffer that kind of abusive tactics. Again, many thanks for your answer.

You're welcome. Unfortunately this happens all to often, bait and switch. The things salesmen(and women) and even other businesses do in deceit for a buck is shameful

96,995

The most that I have been asked to do at a dealership is produce a valid license. They made a copy of it before I took an unescorted test drive.

Same here. In the last few months I test drove a 2013 Ford F250, which I can't afford but wanted to drive, and a 2013 Corolla, that one I was serious about, but I was disappointed in it. I was thinking about trading on my '06 Corolla but decided I was not going to get anything but car payments, it's no better. But I'm not here to do a review. The salesman did the same thing as TS said, copied my license, wrote down the mileage and handed me the keys. I was gone for a half hour. My car was not even there either, I was dropped off and when I did get back he was standing outside picking up his feet shifting one to the other. "OK, lets come to my office and do the paperwork", when I told him No, thanks, not going to buy it he got a look on his face, looked at the ground for a minute and I felt kinda bad for the guy.

25,605

mckownbaseball....If you corresponded with this lame Car Dealer through the "Contact Dealer" area of CarGurus, I'd strongly recommend that you leave a VERY bad review about them on here to warn others in your area (wherever that is..you never did mention that). CarGurus Admins normally send an e-mail with 7 days to allow you to do so...I've done this several times on good & bad experiences with Dealers. Good Luck finding a truck for your son! P.S. DavidH25..Don't feel bad for the Toyota Sales Rep...Corollas, Camrys and those god-awfully slow and ugly Prius's sell like fresh squeezed lemonade on a 100 degree day here in the Philly area and most other areas of the USA...LOL!

Point taken Racer..but I later found out when the sales manager called me to try to talk me in to coming back I found out it was his very first day on the job as a salesman. He will get over it.

10

Sorry guys....the are located in the Miami area...http://m.maroone.com/#Hom e I think I will leave a few lines for them...great idea!

10

Here is the truck on Cargurus: http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inve ntorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInv entoryListing.action? uncached=false&showInactive=fals e&newCarsOnly=false&useInventory Service=true&name=entitySelecting Helper.selectedEntity&includeAllMo delsOption=true&carsWithRegressio nOnly=false&ign-makerId- entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity =m2&heading=Select+Year&ign- modelId- entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity =d354&entitySelectingHelper.select edEntity=d354&zip=33401&sourceC ontext=MobileForSaleTab_true_0#li sting=56536558

Do that mck... they do get seen!

Whoa, I would like to see it but I don't know how to find it from that...if you give me the make model year (I know Miami now) mileage I can find it from that