My sentra pulls to the right when driving at speeds of 35 mph or more.

Asked by Apr 11, 2014 at 01:46 PM about the Nissan Sentra

It takes about 4 seconds to move from the left lane to the right lane.  Is this out of alignment, or is this suppose to happen?

232,385

Not supposed to happen. Have the alignment checked and tires balanced. Tell the garage which way it is pulling and they can look at it in more detail, a suspension component might have failed, such as a tie rod end.

1,035

Tom is right. You don't mention what year it is, but I've heard complaints that 2012 models have some pulling issues. I have a 2012 and have no issues. However in your case I would take it to a high-end tire place that is used to these problems. The can diagnose very quickly and can give you a printed sheet showing the alignment specs, what the should be. If there is a component failure, and it's under warranty, take it back to the dealer and have them fix it and do the alignment according to your tire place. Let me know how it all works out. Love to hear feedback if my advice is good or not.

4,775

What i remember specs are a full lane change in under 9 seconds is too much. ensure tire pressures are all the same and re-test before spending $$

1,035

I've never hear of the 9 second rule for a lane change. If a garage, dealer, or mechanic had told me that, I'd be laughing and crying on my out never to return. that has to be the most ridiculous explanation for a fix or analysis for a diagnosis ever. Do you realize how much pressure/trim you'd have to exert to keep the car in the lane? I totally agree about the proper tire pressure; that can make a huge difference in ride and tire wear. It's not going to fix an alignment that is as off as yours is. I have also never heard of the for second lane change. A car should drift one way or the other depending on the road, My suggestion would get on a highway, get in the middle lane, then take your hands off the wheel, The car should drift, not snap in either direction. The 4 second lane change is even crazier. In both cases the explanation is way off. There is either a tie rod broken, or something to do with the front axle. Take it in to someone who know that they're doing and get the answers and fixes you need.

4,775

It's in nissans online training. Cannot remember exactly what the specs are but it's in spec if it won't make a complete lane change in a specified time at a certain speed.

1,035

With our without turning the wheel? If it's true, so be it, but it makes absolutely no sense that a car should or would change lanes that quickly by just letting go of the wheel. I've driven hundreds of cars from bugs to pintos, Mercedes, Porsche, Aston Martin, Citroen, Maserati, Crosley, Renaults and 8 Nissans I've owned and not one outed those cars did anything like that. If they had, the world have been back AT the dealer so fast the ink wouldn't have had time to dry on the p and s. The whole thing sounds insane.

4,775

Of course it shouldn't thats what the spec says if it takes less than a specified time it is no good. if it takes longer than that time it is ok. That's without steering it. Checking for excessive pull.

1,035

Thank god. Thought I was losing my mind. Still 4 to 9 seconds seems like a an awful lot of leeway. Neither would be acceptable to me.

Anyone know if 2014 alinment specs are the same as the 2012 went and had alinement the say I need new chamber bolts cause the year I have can't be ajusted then when I got home I noticed on the top of the paper they had 2012 sentra 2.0 mine is 2014 1.8 thank you