I AM LOST HERE!!!!

Asked by May 01, 2015 at 05:23 PM about the Dodge Ram Chassis 3500

2006 Dodge ram 3500 with 5.9 turbo diesel, six speed. The rivets came out of the
Pressure plate jamming the clutch. Replaced with a VIN# correct "LUK" clutch kit. ,
and New VIN# correct Master cylinder/ slave cylinder. Now the truck will go into gear
when not running. Will not go into gear when running. If started in gear it lurches
forward. Clutch pedal feels tight all the way through the swing. No free play felt. The
clutch "ARM" has about 2' of fore and aft free play in it. It seems to be a geometry
thing. ANY HELP? truck now down for 8 months because i cannot find a solution to the
problem Mechanic i hired to check my work pulled it all apart says it is together
correctly, but at this point he has no idea why it will not work.  He put a loner olt in
place of the stock slave cylinder rod and it will create pedal feel. With the stock slave
cylinder rod it does not. It does not touch the "CLUTCH ARM " to move it. Something
is wrong.Please help. Ken Oh yea Thank you in advance

What it boils down to is the clutch will not disengage. Right? It is completely engaged and if you were to start it in gear, sure, it will lurch but go. But the pedal will not release clutch. The disc is turning all the time. I'm just writing my thoughts out....I found this drawing but it;s really no help, it does not show linkage/throwout bearing/slave cylinder etc. Here is what I found browsing Dodge Ram forums.. looking for "clutch won't release"........that could be because the pilot bearing may have been damaged when the trans was replaced and can actually grab the input shaft and keep it turning when the clutch is depressed". End quote. It took me a few to get that..but the disk is still spinning even when pressure plate is pushed because the pilot bearing on the flywheel has a "hold" on the input shaft. Every other solution I found was bad master cylinder or slave cylinder ---which does not apply to you. You have that covered. That one, the pilot bearing, is the only one that makes any sense at all. click this...

63,215

Have seen this before,clutch plate in backward,s,,it wont release because the clutch plate has a 1" sleve on front and flush on back,the 1" sleve should be toward the tranny.

Makes sense TST. Good call

63,215

Yes,fordnut i think that may be the issue,but you never know,but we do our best to think out side the box,i only know this,because in my younger day i did it on a dodge truck,and yes it baffled me all so,but you learn from your mistake,s and that,s said my mistake in the learning process may help someone else.