In what year did the Ford Courier have a "wankel"/rotary engine in them?

Asked by Jun 19, 2013 at 02:59 AM about the Ford Courier

since i first learned about the rotary engine i wanted one! while the rx-7 and rx-8 both have
rotary powerd engine read that Mazda branded a ford truck with the wankel engine and i
think it would be cool if i could get my hands on one. not only would i have a truck i would
also have my rotary engine.hahahal.

1974 to 1977

78,565

The Ford Courier never had a rotary engine, it was a Mazda B series pickup, even though Mazda built the Courier for Ford the B series Rotary had body designs that set it apart from looking like a Courier. The problems with the Rotary of that time was: 1 horrible fuel mileage, 2 poor low end performance, 3 durability of the engine. The few that I have seem lately have been modified with 13B fuel injected Rotaries and I saw 1 with a turbo Rotary motor. Those trucks looked brand new and were in a car show so not a daily driver. Good luck in your search.