I HAVE 2009 CROSS POLO - THAT HAS DEVELOPED A KNOCKING NOISE ON THE SUSPENSION THAT THE VW SPECIALISTS CANT SEEM TO FIND AND RECTIFY.....PLEASE HELP!!!!! HAPPENS WHEN SLOWING DOWN AND TAKING OFF AGAIN

5

Asked by Aug 04, 2009 at 04:46 AM about the Volkswagen Polo

THE NOISE COMES WHEN SLOWING DOWN AND TAKING OFF AGAIN - AS IF JOINING A TRAFFIC CIRCLE....ALSO SOMETIMES AT A STOP STREET BUT IF TAKE OF SLOW IE DRIVING MISS DAISY ... THEN VERY SUBTLE BUT IF REGULAR DRIVING THE NOISE IS THERE BUT NOT AS LOUD AS ENTERING A TRAFFIC CIRCLE.....PLEASE HELP.....VW SPECIALISTS AT A LOSS....

5

Hi,i had the same problem with a 2003 Polo Tdi. I hear that noise only at low speed,starting or on irregular surfaces. I've solved that changing anti-roll bar because it had taken radial play in the support bushings..it's a little expensive but i've solved the problem once for ever. It's justifiable on a "old" car as mine..but on yours! I hope i have given an help to you..good luck!

75

yeah cant believe its happening on such a new car, mine used to do the same, turned out that i had bend the bottom wishbone, plus the bushes were nackered and the drive shaft was hitting the chassis leg, changed the wishbone my self and no problems :), possibility of the strut top bearing too. good luck