peugeot 205 1.9 gti ecu

Asked by Jul 25, 2009 at 07:33 AM about the Peugeot 205

I have recently purchased a second hand chipped ecu for my pug 205 gti,it came of the same model as mine no abs or cat ect. all the serial numbers match, but im worried to change it over as i dont no enougth about ecus, if i unplug my original ecu to try the chipped one will it reset it or not work when i put it bk on? it is 2 bolts and a plug, is it as easy as it looks or is there more to it, like programing or just straight swap?

1,315

well older cars its just plug and play. should not damage anything. worse case if its wrong ecu the chipped ecu will cause your car to have missfires an what not but your smart enough to turn it off befor any damage is done

25

Unplug your ECU when the car is running. This will keep the ECU in an open format, and not locked. Its just a straight swap, but remember to turn the ignition off before you insert the new one (not that the car will run for much longer after you've removed the ECU when its running) :)