I Have just bought a VT Executive and it's leaking oil on to the left header and can smell the burning !!

Asked by Mar 11, 2017 at 08:31 AM about the 1998 Holden Commodore

263,885

Most probably the valve cover gasket, you have to inspect where it is originating from.

I think it's coming from the rear of the sump gasket......is that easy to replace....?

263,885

Oil pan gasket then? Not sure on your vehicle, but I know the 3rd Gens , 2002-04 , you will need to remove the engine, since the K member is in the way. So probably best to have a shop tackle the job.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you mate, that's what I needed to know...........!

In one of the Commy tips I've seen, they say to put on hoist and remove the X member to get at the sump....?