how do i change spark plugs

Asked by Jan 31, 2013 at 06:20 PM about the 2006 Ford Mondeo

2006 station wagon  I would like to know if there is a special way to get at the spark plugs ,the rubber
connectors seem very tight and hard to pull off and I am concerned they will break. thank you

There is no trick. They are on tight to prevent moisture from getting in and causing a loss of spark. They are indeed hard to pull off, like I say there is no secret mechanic's way, and whatever you do don't break the new ones putting them in and torque them properly

18,515

a good way is warm the engine somewhat, make plyable rubber, hook under the boot [99 cent tool] and pull slow ,the plugs are another challenge sometime,blow out plug well, spray penatrate oil, hook up square on with socket and turn ,righty tighty lefty --? i forget

May I ask mileage on your car? The spark plugs they make today, and in 2006 last a loooooog time

loosey