Reliability: 1965 Cadillac Convertibles?

20

Asked by May 02, 2013 at 08:21 PM about the 1965 Cadillac Eldorado

Looking to buy a 1965 Cadillac Deville or Eldorado Convertible! Are they trouble free?

102,835

You do know that it's almost fifty years old...

20

Actually it's only 47 years old and I know a little about being old because I'm 70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also a little driven hard and put up wet but even after a bout with double kidney cancer one removed after rupture and one quarter of the other removed, my thyroid gone and loss of partial function of my left arm I'm still plugging along. Matt Garrett, GM-Classics.com says the Caddie, any Caddie is one of the best long term collectibles there exists today. He also says they were very expensive when they were first sold and built to last and perform flawlessly with only recommended maintenance while steadily increasing in value and they'll never ever make them again. My kind of car in sweet red with white top and interior. Convertible only for this oldster cause I'm quickly running out of time!!!!!!!!

15

very nice cart wish i had one. liked the 64 myself

20

Like I said in my response, if you really want an all around nice, classic, roadable, enjoyable valuable car that will give you lots and lots of reliable cruising fun while appreciating every minute of every day you own it buy a pristine Caddie of any model especially a convertible! By all means, look at Matt Garrett's website GM-Classics.com but be prepared to drool if your a died-in-the-wool, true car nut! What a Blessed guy!