67 lemans restoration

Asked by Jan 19, 2014 at 03:14 PM about the 1967 Pontiac Le Mans

I`m going to restore car, no rust. Needs interior work all, MY ? is: Can I change Hood to
GTO hood,and add the ram air setup similar to the 400 cu setup on the 68 69 judge

4,765

Yes, hoods interchange. There is an aftermarket ram air kit specific to the 67 GTO with the open scoop, carb cowl and gasket. Try Ames Performance or Performance Years.

Thanks for the info!

4,765

No problem. You can also try OPG and Year One, but my experience has been that Ames products have the best fit and most original appearance.

On '67 Pontiac Lemans, do I need to order a specific hood for 400cu inch motor for the ram air set up from Ames or Performance? Thanks again.

4,765

Nope, all hoods are the same, regardless of engine size. The only difference is the carb setup. If you have a 4 bbl, of any size, use the 4bbl pan and cowl. The tripower has it's own Ram Air setup. You'll probably have to do a little massaging of the sheet metal or body filler around the open scoop. Some fit perfectly, some don't. If you use Ames, you'll want hood #D105 and #D134C mounting kit. You will have to cut the inner hood bracing in the area of the scoop, ask Ames for the instruction sheet. Get the Ames Ram Air kit which has the correct open scoop, carb pan, seal, filter element and lid, part #N174HF. That's all you need. Good luck!

3,235

you can't put a 68-69 hood on a 67 . You can put a 67 gto hood on a lemans if that's what you're asking . If you go to www.highperformancepontiac.com thry have complete & proper instructions on how to convert it to ram air. I did it to my 65 ! But don't cut out the original scoop insert , there is an aftermarket one that's already cut out or the cheaper way is to buy the closed scoop cut it open yourself . that's what I did & it came out good !

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.