vacuum lines 83 wagoneer

Asked by Feb 26, 2014 at 08:01 PM about the 1983 Jeep Wagoneer

So I recently read on another forum to remove as many vacuum lines as a guy can find
wuth the exception of the one going to the distributor.  Doing so he said will make as big
a difference as night and day as far as performance. I assume a guy needs to somehow
plug every removed line...any opinions on this? Thanks again in advance.

45,875

Sounds like he has a shop and it trying to drum up business for himself.....Too many components run on the vacuum to do that. If you were to strip it down to a motor with the bare minimums like back in the 60's, then yeah, it might work. I wouldn't try it.

Thank you!

12,845

6 or 8 cylinder - I cannot tell you what you can or cannot negate without knowing. That being said do not do anything :) The 4x4 system runs on vacuum - you screw up and disconnect the wrong stuff - By By 4x4 ... Just saying Good Luck