what relays go from the battery to the starter

Asked by Nov 06, 2015 at 02:45 PM about the 1989 Dodge Ram Van

I have a 1089 Dodge Van B150 with a v6. When I turn my switch on everything works great. I replaced the battery, starter relay, new battery terminals. I still just hear a click to the starter relay. It won't engage the starter. There is something the wire from the starter relay goes to on the firewall before it continues to the starter. It looks like a relay. What is it? Can it keep the starter from engaging? If not, it must be the solenoid, or starter. It is cheaper to buy both together. Please tell what the other relay look-a-like is. thank you.

I think your starter or starter solenoid is bad. If you take it out you can have it tested at an auto parts store or jump it from your battery with jumper cables.