Who is judge_roy???

Asked by Oct 28, 2013 at 05:25 PM about the 1995 Ford E-250

A few min.s ago I asked a question about removing the field coil from the AC compressor on my 1995 E-250 van. Someone calling himself judge_ roy gave me some off the wall answer that doesn't pertain to have anything to do with the AC compressor. Unless he or she is telling me to replace the whole compressor. If that's the case, in that vain of logic I may as well go and buy another van. I'm trying to save myself some money here. The instruction that came with the clutch assembly say to gently pry it off. So I don't believe it was put on with a press. Maybe judge_roy should take a course in automotive mechanics.  Sincerely Sprucegoose. .

Sprucegoose...when was the last time you tried answering EVERYone's questions...all I have is my superior grasp of how things go together...just here to help, man...I would not be moneyin' around with field coils....$150 = A new truck....what planet did you land on?~

judge_roy is actually a Pakistani man...well 3 month old boy from Pakistan...who, divorced parents in different towns was forced to tough it as a carmel colored boy in a sea of crackers with MS obliterating my competitive sports of any kind, and finally after failing (bankrupt) Oakland Quality Amps 1993-2000 working as a Sunday mechanic in Berkeley 93- 96 learned the hard way...by having the customer LORD over me while I repair their cars~

Come from a line of gun makers and steel guys, my uncle Maqbool ran the ice factory with 351 Ford engines that ran their ammonia compressors full time...needless to say he was good with engines~ it's in me blood sprucegoose~

got a chisel? chisel that bad boy off~ there was nothing extraordinary with my response...it was sensible advise~ what's with the negative energy? I'm here to help....wish it payed something....reputation points....maybe click and clack will have me on their show~

you remind me of one of the bullies of my youth that would punch the wind out of me so I doubled over gasping for air while laughing at how clever they are~

Sprucegoose, be nice Judge_Roy always has a clever way of things, you just have to dig deep into the responses to get the answer. With that being said, O'Riley Auto Parts rents out tools for free (you just have to pay a deposit) there is a kit that has all the removal and installation tools you need for AC clutch work. IMO you need to use these tools to make the job easy and most likely possible without damage to the parts. I know Autozone doesn't have these tools. Good Luck!

thanks Tom, a kind of and beautiful person that you are~! :)

the helical gear "on the crankshaft (not on the camshaft)...goes deep into the motor to the main crank which HAS an helical impression on it....the distributor slides into position (one way or the other...if you've ever wrestled with them) and the helical gear can get damaged if dropped on the concrete for example or some or other obstruction (dune buggy) is a perfect example will SNAP some of that helical gear (theory)~

today is going to rain in California for the first time since MAY...dry country...am less concerned about fixing my dryer (250 dollars later and it's a bad lug on a wire stopping the amperages needed for the element)...wha..who could have thought something like that would be a power limiter...it's just a 30 amp lug...now with all the inconvenience, James at appliance pros is going to send the entire wiring harness (just for one crummy lug)~

17% humidity and they are dry in two hours~ .25 cents for 5 minutes on a questionable sanitary burned rubber dryer~.....I'll take the emerson (...er hangin' in the shop on hangers for three hours) towels will take a full 12 hours to dry~ gettin' used to life without an electric dryer~