automatic seat belt 1986 cressida

Asked by Jan 20, 2011 at 09:05 PM about the 1986 Toyota Cressida

does anyone out there!!!!! know how to fix a problem with the seat belt getting stuck where it won't come down,it stay's over my shoulder and makes a loud roaring noise" I have an automatic seat belt that when I close the door the seat belt automatic come over your shoulder and now it stuck.

mine does the same thing... i havent taken it apart yet... will do though... if i find the problem i will post...

Sure I Have An 85 Mx73 And I HAve Just Made Sure That Thre Seatbelt is In The Down Position And Disconnected The Power To The Motor. The Plastic Gear In The Bottom Of It Has Worn Teeth marks The Track Where It Goes Back And Forth Is Fine Just Disconnect The Power To The Belt And Go Into Toyota And Get A New Teeth Gear I tHINK i PAID 27.00 For Mine. Good Luck And Keep HEr Runnung Rufeo Yuma Az....