did chevy make any 1957 del rays with a corvette engine?

stephend57
0

Asked by Jul 22, 2007 at 09:24 PM about the 1957 Chevrolet Delray

dvigano
13,035

Hi stephend57, Unfortunately, your request is of a very specific nature that cannot be found on the internet. I would suggest contacting General Motors (1-800-222-1020) to get an accurate answer to your question. Good luck!

DanTheMan5160
205

Back during those days.You could buy a car with a 6 pack under the hood,blower the works.Your choice from a 307,327,454,455 you name it you could get it!My uncle back in the 70's bought a 1972 Montacarlo with a 327 6 pack right off the show room floor for $4,000.During those days it was all about horse power.GM,FORD and all others was all about horse power then.Go talk to a 80-90 yr old man he will tell ya the truth be told.All before unleaded fuel came into the picture.So,YES They did I'm sure of it.To be sure?Get the numbers off the block and look em up.I have a 1996 Buick Roadmaster collectors Edition with a factory Corvette engine in it.

tigerj33
0

Yes chevrolet built most anything with a corvett eng in that year, however there was no delray in 57. 55 56 had a delray trim on a two ten no were did it say delray on the cars untel 1958 when a model came out with Delray. This was considered a bus. car and the bottom of line. however you could have a 348 i know because i had one. also came with a 3speed overdrive that gave it a 4.11 gear ratio, making it ideal for on the road and drades Im 76 years old Gene