Chevy c 10 runs a mile or 2 then starts missing and dies,after a few minutes does it again

Asked by Jul 17, 2014 at 06:53 PM about the 1960 Chevrolet C/K 10

This is a 1960 chevy c 10 it has a 350 bored 40 over , carburetor  Manuel fuel pump and
standard distributor w coil .it is not over heating water,fuel filter clean.when in shut down
still has gas and fire on the distributor . Any suggestions is appreciated Mike

34,635

Sounds like a vapor lock.

112,155

You using a vented gas cap? If not try loosening your gas cap and see if that helps. If that helps get a new vented gas cap.

112,155

Also is your float properly set in the carb? Could it be sticking closed?

Thanks for info ,I will check for vapor lock from fuel pump to carb.when I get it fixed I will let you know what The problem was.thanks Mike

960

I go along with dandyoun on this one. If the float is not sticking closed it could be the needle valve it controls may be mostly clogged allowing enough fuel at idle but can't keep up when up to speed.