I had a little bump due what I think was an air lock. Brakes work fine now but my car is struggling to move off from stand still. Sounds louder as well. What could be my problem

Asked by Oct 07, 2014 at 03:24 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Matiz

645

What did your brakes do when u hit the bump? I need a little more of a description than what u posted. How many miles r on it? Did it have more power before bump or since the noise seemed to get louder? What kind of sound is it?

When I bumped the car stalled. My brakes felt stiff just before the bump. When I put it in 1st and attempt to drive off its really sluggish to get moving. And revs sound louder as usual . Hope this helps with an answer

I'm puzzled at how the bump could have caused any problems or as what problems it's caused as it was only just a little bump

645

When the car stalled the brake booster lost the vacumn that makes the pedal easy to push. If your vehicle bottomed out on the bump u probably damaged your exhaust causing it to get louder.If the catalitic converter on your exhaust took the hit. There is a chance that u either busted a hole in it and thats y it sounds louder. If your back pressure in the exhaust isn't enough it can effect how it runs. But if u busted the ceramic honeycomb looking material it could cause to much back pressure which would cause the exhaust to get louder and effect how engine runs as well. Back pressure makes engine sound like it's struggling to move and the longer you drive it the bigger the power loss. I would take it to the exaust shop. They would be the cheapest place to take it if that's the issue.

Thanks for help. It got very unsafe to drive. So took it back to where I got it from as I have warenty on it. Turns out one if the brake cylinders has siezed which obviously caused my brakes to fail. Thing is I didn't notice any sign before it happened