I have a Toyota tarago I think 1990 or 91 van pulled over intecators blinked a few times and then completely turned off not sure wat it could b ??

10

Asked by Apr 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM about the 1991 Toyota Tarago

check the battery...seems old, replace if older than seven years old...this reduced voltage would do it, in addition to bakin' your alternator, please get a new battery....the flashers will come back to normal...betcha~

10

Yeah battery not even 12mths old was thinking loose wires ?

make sure the connection from black ground wire to chassis and to engine (other end of the wire) are solid and free of corrossion~.....red wire and lugs too-....use a garden hose to avoid acid comin' in contact with the delicate parts..like eyeballs for example~

98,205

It could be a dead fuel pump. In a twenty three year old vehicle, it could be many things.

10

The car didn't turn off the indecators stopped working!

1990---plenty of time to corrode stuff, galvonically~

10

Ok would It be better 2 get a auto electrician to look at it?

...loose wires...just have to start lookin' for 'em......do you think an electrical guy is going to have an easier time of it?

10

Lol I guess not but at least I won't get zapped

Often as a mechanic in Berkeley I'd have customers lording over me, watching my every move to make sure I wasn't wasting their dime...much different than today's pull your car in, and cross your fingers in the waiting area hoping they don't put the timing belt out of order then blame you~

98,205

"The car didn't turn off the indecators stopped working!" -- so the engine was running and the gauges stopped working? It's electrical, check the fuses first.

10

Yeah only the indecators stopped everything else works n fuse seems 2 b in tacked