back sofa stuck down, wint fold up

Asked by Aug 29, 2010 at 09:04 AM about the 1995 GMC Vandura

my sofa is stuck down in bed position, it wont fold up. When i push the button, it makes the noise as it wants to go up, but nothing happens. Anyone now if this is something i can do myself?

80

try pulling up on the top of the bed where the head rests are towards you as you push the upright button. It's a stretch but it can be done. My van does the same thing. once it comes up a little, it will go the rest of the way on it's own. I hope this helps.

55

I have put a light coat of oil around the threads of the lifting mechanism and then like ajodell said kinda of help the situation by physically pulling on the bed

10

Make sure there is NOTHING under the bed anywhere. Mine is very fussy if there is anything under the seats. Also, it wont budge unless the engine is actually running.