Having trouble cold starting 1982 Silver Spirit

Asked by Oct 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM about the 1982 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit

I own a 1982 Silver Spirit with 12722 miles on the car. I have trouble cold starting the car. It cranks up right away when the motor is hot but when the motor is cold, it takes a lot of cranking (It starts quicker if I pump the gas padal I want to know how to make the car fire up quickley

20

To cold start you should press the gas pedal to the floor and release this should set the carbs to fast idle hope this helps

20

I am having the exact some problems with my 72 silver shadow. I am afraid that I am going to burn up the starter motor just trying to get this car to run in the cold?

Have your fuel pump and line checked. Also try pumping gas slowly before starting