i have a 1956 plymouth belvedere and need to know what 2 pedals are used for?

Asked by Jun 19, 2013 at 09:06 AM about the 1956 Plymouth Belvedere

Question type: General

1- there is a round pedal/button on the floor to the right of the dimmer switch. what is it for?
2- there is a red pedal, above the accelerator, just under dash. what is it for?

6 Answers


If the one by the dimmer switch is made out of rubber with a metal ring around it that is the foot operated window washer pump. The red pedal, is it really a pedal or more of a handle?

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

Okay, can you see the red 'thing' for lack of a better word in these?

I have no doubt that t~shoes is right, But finding a picture of the interior if a 1956 there are very few. These will enlarge but can you post a picture?


The only reference I can find to a red pedal shows a fresh air door that will open in the cowl area when it is shoved in, but it wasn't car specific. Really could use a good picture.

windshield washer,,ok..makes sense I will try it. red pedal, can't see it in the pictures, but if you were looking thru the lower half of steering wheel by crossbar, that's where it is. I will take a picture and post....thanks bob

I enlarged the pics....just too dark to see the pedal

Your Answer


Looking for a Used Belvedere in your area?

CarGurus has 25 nationwide Belvedere listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Plymouth Belvedere Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #1
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Plymouth Fury
30 listings

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.