i have a 1956 plymouth belvedere and need to know what 2 pedals are used for?

Asked by Jun 19, 2013 at 09:06 AM about the 1956 Plymouth Belvedere

1- there is a round pedal/button on the floor to the right of the dimmer switch. what is it for?
2- there is a red pedal, above the accelerator, just under dash. what is it for?

96,665

If the one by the dimmer switch is made out of rubber with a metal ring around it that is the foot operated window washer pump. The red pedal, is it really a pedal or more of a handle?

Okay, can you see the red 'thing' for lack of a better word in these?

I have no doubt that t~shoes is right, But finding a picture of the interior if a 1956 there are very few. These will enlarge but can you post a picture?

96,665

The only reference I can find to a red pedal shows a fresh air door that will open in the cowl area when it is shoved in, but it wasn't car specific. Really could use a good picture.

windshield washer,,ok..makes sense I will try it. red pedal, can't see it in the pictures, but if you were looking thru the lower half of steering wheel by crossbar, that's where it is. I will take a picture and post....thanks bob

I enlarged the pics....just too dark to see the pedal