I have a 91 suburu liberty wagon. Rear badge says liberty GX. 4WD. However have had to be helped by racv as got bogged. (wheel spin) and was told by him that not 4 wheel drive as no rear diff??? Plea

Asked by Aug 10, 2012 at 07:54 AM about the 1991 Subaru Liberty

Is my car 4WD as on rear badge or not. Please clarify for me.

210,085

AWD was an option, so you'll have to get under the car to verify if you have AWD. There might be a mechanical issue why it isn't working correctly or someone just put a 4WD badge on the body.

Thanks for that. I believe badge is authentic. I am so disappointed as I love my suburus. Started many many years ago with 70"s? one (like volkswagon wagon) It was the best car. Went everywhere, queensland and back no probs. Off road, bush bashing (collecting firewood etc.) I honestly, thought all suby wagons had either AWD or 4WD. but there is no button or indication in car that suggests this. My previous 94 model also went everywhere and was a great car. Unfortunately I cooked the motor and spent a lot of money, but never right again. Motor seized for no apparent reason. I love the size of sub. and think of it as poor man's 4wd as can do most things I want without moving up to a monster type. cheers wendy