Replacement of Cam Belt

Asked by Jun 05, 2012 at 12:36 AM about the 1992 Honda Beat

Question from New Zealand - the Beat has done 102,000 kms., recently purchased. No record of cambelt having been changed. Can someone advise if this is an 'engine out' job, or if the work can be done with the engine in place.  

275

I just replaced the timing belt in my 1988 civic hatch and yes def. can be done in car. This is a regular maintenice when you replace the belt be sure to replace the water pump @ the same time.Cheers mate!

275

Okay I just look @ a honda Beat ( nice look'n ) but holy tight spaces I don't know it should still be an in car repair. My hatch is Wide Open conpaired to your honda but your beat has a cool look to it this is what a quick find: http://www.usedpartslive.com/live/1/year/PONTIAC/VENTURA/Bumper/

275

sorry this:http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=2744