electrical problems

Asked by May 02, 2010 at 11:54 AM about the 2000 Ford Cougar

I own a 2000 Mercury Cougar, and recently the electronics have been acting up. my dials will reset and my radio will flash off, and the other day I turned it on, opened the sunroof, and when i turned on the radio the car died and wouldnt restart. it has since been able to start but i still dont know the problem, can someone help?

light it on fire, we have replaced 4 alternators on ours plus tsb repairs , replaced wires and it has been nothing but trouble

take it to your ford dealer,have the computer reflashed,45 min,$58.00.

to previous poster,yes it will,my sister has a blazer every time she pushed the break peddle her radio would go off act weired,even replaced the radio,nothing we tried worked,had a reflash done on computer,fixed it,that was over a year ago,no problems still.

who mentioned onstar,hers is a 95 so it dont have it.ok vicious1856,best thing to do as for the radio is take it to a indepent radio dealer,they can fix your radio problem.