Computer Box - Ford Bantam 1.3

Asked by Apr 12, 2016 at 03:40 PM about the 2006 Ford Bantam

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Hi. The dealer advised me that the computer box needs to be replaced.When I check my warranty documents it doesn't say anything about a computer box being covered . only talks about a transfer box. Is this one and the same thing. Just want to determine if the computer box will be covered by the warranty policy

1 Answer


Ford Bantam II series (code-named BE91) really a Mazda Rustler, the 1.3 gas engine control computer is NOT the transfer box Ford uses the EEC name (electronic engine control) in the U.S.A. SAE calls the computer a PCM (power train control module) and finally most re-builders or resale places call them ECU's (electronic engine control) units. Ann Arbor, MI

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Ford Bantam Questions

Ford Bantam Experts

#1 Janus Welgemoed
Janus Welgemoed
Reputation 540
#2 Joel Mearns
Joel Mearns
Reputation 500
#3 MrRocket12
Reputation 460
View All