rear brakes

55

Asked by Jul 09, 2011 at 09:04 AM about the 2006 Ford Bantam

There is a big nut in the center of the drum do i need to remove that nut before i can take off the drum? Also there seems to be what looks like a washer that covers the nut do i need to push those ends away before i remove the nut?
Many thanks

yes but their is more than a nut,dont push nothing away from nut,take it to a mechanic to replace or check rear breaks.not being a ass,but it sounds like you dont know much about mechanics of a vehicle.dont take a chance on messing with something you dont know about.

55

Hi Papa, no hard feelings. Based on my question i understand why you said that, i have done rear breaks on a Toyota Corolla 1.6 GL and Mazda 323, so i have some idea as to what the insides look like. Maybe i should upload a picture then you can better understand what i am asking. Another question though, :) that nut probably hold the drum and wheel bearing right? Many thanks Bantan06

ment no offence.yes holds drun and wheel bearing,it should have a cap on it remove,then a carter key remove then a squared piece over nut remove,then remove nut and wheel bearing,then the hub may have to slap it with a hammer,the drum to remove.rember when putting back together on the nut finger tighten it then tighten back off 1/2 turn.

55

Papa no offence taken, thanks for the reply i got the answer i'm looking for and also discovered that my rear brakes needs to be done. So i'm doing the job soon. Thanks again for your response.