how to change water pump

Asked by Apr 01, 2016 at 12:14 PM about the 2005 Ford Bantam

4,945

This is a extensive repair for a DIY. It includes removing and often times replacing the timing belt at the same time. Because this is such a calibrated repair on your vehicle, I would recommend having the dealer, or a reputable shop making this repair. If you tighten the belt even slightly off of factor specs, or let it slack even a mm off of factory spec, it can cause the belt to snap or slip smashing the cylinder heads into the valve assembly causing major engine damage. I have worked on hundreds of cars and I have only attempted this fix twice as again, it is a very precise calibration after replacing the water pump. (Its not the water pump replacement that is difficult, its the timing belt which drive the water pump that is difficult to calibrate to OEM Spec). Best of luck!