Oil light on my 1970 wildcat

Asked by Nov 02, 2009 at 07:04 PM about the 1970 Buick Wildcat

I recently got my old wildcat back on the road but now the oil light is on. I am wondering what it is telling me and what i should do about it. Is the oil pressure too low because of a leak somewhere or is the oil pump out or is it just a bad sensor? I am a bit of a novice in this arena any help would be awesome.

7,835

how much miles?? it can be a clogged oil pump cozz sludge builds over time. also, it can be oil pump replacement time.

it has just over 100k on it

7,835

try cleaning out the oil pan first and also the neck. i've used a shop vac on the neck to get out the obstruction. hope it helps. i miss the 454 block.