1965 rambler valve adjustment OHV

Asked by Sep 24, 2015 at 03:47 PM about the 1965 AMC Rambler American

1965 Rambler American 440.  What is the valve adjustment sequence for this
model?

28,065

what engine is in the car???????

113,535

Email these people tell them you live in maryland and they will copy and send you what you are look for.

28,065

232 cu in (3.8 L) ???

28,065

hydrualic or solid cam ? what engine 232...

Sorry, was out working on the car. It is 195.9. And it looks like solid cam. I didn't know they made solid cam. I think the tappets are solid and not hydraulic.

I meant hyraulic cam. I though all cam's were solid. But the tappets look solid also.

I have a 1965 service manual but all it says is to adjust the intake valves to .012 and exhaust valves to .016. It don't say to put 1st cyl. in TDC on the intake stroke, and adjust those and others, and then rotate crank 1/2 revolution and then adjust those valves. This is the way a mechanic told me to do it. However, in they don't mention this at all.