How do I remove the Dashboard from a Nissan Terrano 11 TDI 2.7

20

Asked by Feb 24, 2011 at 07:19 AM about the 2001 Nissan Terrano II

The milage LCD display is breaking up and I wish to know what is entailed in removing the dash unit

90

I had the same problem and I eventually removed the "clock cluster" which is simply secured by a number of phillip head screws. Unplug the wiring, unclip the back face until you see the "printed circuit". Using a magnifing glass study the solder joints, you will deffinately see fine cracks on some. With a fine tip soldering iron briefly resolder those joints. Your LCD display will deffinately be fine after that.

110

Hi I have just bought a terrano with the same problem,my speedo also sometimes works,more often than not it does`nt .Would your repair also cure the speedo problem? or can you give me any other advice. Kind Regards John

20

Many thanks, I've had a look and ot appears there are just 3 screws. I will have a go at the solder solution when I return from holiday.

60

I have a terrano tdi 2,7 ''2000 Lcd screen was all fucked up and also the needles in the speedometer and rpm meter were going up and down after i turned the car off.. I took the fuse (10a) out that says Room Lamp, and the needles stopped. But then i had no light inside the car.. I saw this page and desided to take the speedometer out and have it soldered as previous answer did. After that the lcd screen works perfect, but the clock wont stay in. Starts on 00:00 every time i start the car. And also the needles keep going up and down after i remove the key, and that drains the battery.. Maybe the greenplate with the solderingdots has to be soldered alltogether, each and everyone to be resoldered again to fix this problem?? Does anyone had the same problem and if so what did that one do to fix the problem..