how do i change the shifter knob on my 86 b2000. "if possible"

Asked by Dec 26, 2013 at 01:42 PM about the 1986 Mazda B2000

I

okay... this one has no "action" about it...therefore it has to unscrew...unless you can spot a set screw on the side....it HAS to unscrew....directions for his assembly does not speak to removal of the shift knob~

unless you pull the "fore" ring to engage reverse...hopefully not~

1,985

Personally, I would wrap the knob in a rag, and use a pair of channel lock pliers. Turn counter clockwise, and it should come loose.