every time i turn off the car all my windows go down! anyone?

Asked by Nov 26, 2011 at 06:27 AM about the 1998 Volkswagen Sharan

When I turn the car off or close the boot all of my electric Windows go
down by themselves can anyone throw some light onto this please

1,495

The newer vdubs 2000 and up had a feature to put the windows up or down just by turning the key in the drivers door lock which was controlled by the ECM. Your 98 may have this feature I wasn't aware of it being around in the late 90's but it sounds like yours does have this feature and if it does then the problem would be with the sensor in the drivers door or the ECM. I'd call a tech at Volkswagen and ask them, they would be able to tell you what to check first.