what is the car stereo security code

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 05:16 AM about the Volkswagen Sharan

the car stereo was asking for security code

This guy is long winded, it's a 12:30 minute video that I didn't watch all of, he wouldn't get to the dang POINT, like he likes his own voice... so I don't know how much if any help it is. The title is "How to retrieve you VW radio code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0rREUHXnU ...every site, including VW forums seem to agree you have to take the radio out to get the serial number...just seems like there would be some other way. Under the bar code on the back of the radio. Then go to get code ... http://www.radio-code.co.uk/volkswagen-radio-codes.html