Rolls-Royce

Asked by Sep 26, 2008 at 07:52 PM about the 1964 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud

What years did the Rolls-Royce have the "suicide" doors?

225

Well, the current generation Phantom does, for one...

pretty much all years had the availability the difference was depending on the model and year they may not have produced a large quantity with that option, but alot of the "targa" or limo class sedans had "suicide" hindged doors

20

In the current generation, sicide doors were standard on the release of the Phantom in 2003. Prior to that (other than special limited number coachbuilt cars like early Phantoms) suicide doors were not available after 1955. All Clouds (thru to 65), Silver Shadow (66-80), Silver Spirit/Spur (81-97) and Seraph (98-02) including all Corniche models and the entire ranges' Bentley derivatives were normal forward opening doors.