White Smoke from exhaust

Asked by Dec 01, 2015 at 12:52 AM about the 2003 Holden Astra

I had my car serviced awhile back and it started blowing white smoke out
the exhaust. It doesn't blow out when driving, but when the car is stationed
with my foot on the brake it seems to build up inside coz when i accelerate
it blows it all out and the smell is awful. It wasn't doing this before the
service and i assumed it was a cracked head but my engine light isn't on.
I'm also assuming that they used the wrong oil maybe, or there's a coolant
leak. Anyone know what some of the causes may be?

755

Have the system pressure checked it sounds like a bad head gasket or a bad intake gasket. Also u can pull the oil dipstick and check to see if there is any water or coolant mixing, if it has mixed it will look almost like a chocolate milkshake, if it does look like I had just described above then I am 90℅ pos that u have a blown head gasket or a cracked head in most cases the engine light will not come on if it is a bad head or head gasket

64,935

That sounds like a head gasket has gone bad. A cracked head is a possibility especially if the car over heated badly recently.