motor swapping 67 beaumont

25

Asked by Jun 16, 2016 at 01:51 AM about the 1967 Pontiac Beaumont

I am swapping a 1967 Beaumont had a inline 6 and keeping it inline 6. I
thought I had cleared up all the problems by simply swapping the oil pan
and the mounts, then i noticed that where the clutch mounts to the block is
completely different on the old engine then the new one.
Casting number of block that was in car is 328575. Casting number of
replacement is 3788406. Any advice is welcome thanks.

4,825

I had this happen with an early 60's 389 V8 but it was the mount for the starter. One year the mount was on the block and the next it was on the bell housing. Unfortunately, I had to use a "year correct" engine and you may also need to do the same unless a piece can be welded to the replacement block.