Loose steering in 1964 Falcon (manual)

10

Asked by Mar 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM about the 1964 Ford Falcon

Hi everyone,

The steering in my 1964 Falcon Ranchero recently got very loose, lots of free play in the wheel. I  tightened the screw/locknut combo on the manual steering box as much as I could and it is the same, if not worse. Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

Thanks,
Rocky Ranchero

735

You can damage the steering sector in the box if you over tighten it. Here is a website that tells the correct way to adjust the sector nut on the box, and rebuilds worn out ones http://www.stangerssite.com/adjustment.html

10

Thanks, Troy, for the info. That's a great site.