how can i open my trunk on my 62 ford fairlane the key wont work

Asked by Aug 17, 2014 at 03:11 PM about the 1962 Ford Fairlane

25,795

I would start by lubricating the lock.You might also be able to gain access to the lock by removing the rear seat, or you can drill out the lock itself. Which ever one you choose if the lubricate doesnt work, will require you to replace the lock and key.

70,355

You can try a local locksmith but they are expensive! HTH. -Jim

mine had a similar problem. I am told that the tumblers on those locks are very short and over time wear down to the point they can roll out of alignment. To fix this i took a unwound paper clip and stuck it in and stroked the tumblers to see if I could get them right again. It took a few trys but it worked. I will say I have to do it every few months and am in the process of trying to figure out how to replace it but as a short term fix I would try that before a lock smith.