engine

15

Asked by Jul 28, 2008 at 08:45 PM about the 1992 Nissan Skyline

what is the engine code name on the skyline gt-r ?

RB26

15

there you are loool rb26 twin turbo 2.6 inline 6 best japonise engine ever

RB26DETT to be specific, second to the 2JZ motor in terms of the strength of the internals.

2,975

sean is right its a RB26DETT which is obviously and 2.6 and twin turbo hence the 26 and TT

35

Actually I believe the 92 had the RB25DET. The RB26DETT was found in the R34.

55

All GT-R trim Skylines came with the famous RB26DETT, the RB25DET was installed on the R33 GTS-T models and R34 GT-T models (RB25DET NEO,major update being variable valve timing). RB20DET was installed in the R32 GTS-T (Type M), and GTS-4 (could also get a n/a RB26DE in the GTS-4) models.

5

the engine code for the gtR is VR38 (38 being the 3.8 litre of the engine) or to be specifc VR38VETT

135

The VR38VETT is actually in the R35 which is just the GT-R they dropped the Skyline name

45

Dude you are going to have to be more spefic as in Model R32 Skyline GTR Nismo Rb26dett N1 R33 Skyline GTR V Spec I & II Rb26Dett N1 R34 skyline GTR Neo Rb26dett R34 skyline GTR Vspec I &II Neo Rb26dett N1 There is a big different between N1 and non N1

25

if its a 92 skyline, it would be the RB25DETT, and trust me i would know, my dad works for nissan and i work on nissans!

15

VR38VETT is is tunable ???

45

yes sir they are. companys like HKS, nismo, and amuse have already started making aftermarket parts. that AND there's one running in the jgtc. video of the GTR in JGTC > http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R35-JGTC-GT500_173704.htm?Ref=Blog although if i had one i wouldn't touch it, just because the owners manual says the car is perfect as is. and as we all know owners manual FTW

15

well the new gt-r`s are certanly " PEFECT" cose what ever the japonese builds its gold tecnology the ting is all those crazy maniacs out there that whant more power will be desepointed

5

yes they did make a rb25 it was in the skyline GTs

135

Yes they are however they will be very expensive to modify nissan did everything they could so you can't mod it. For example the turbo's are a part of the manifold so to get upgraded turbos you need new manifolds. Ie car going into limp mode when non OE wheels are installed

135

The RB25DETT doesn't exist unless its an aftermarket set up the RB25DET is an engine but its a single turbo

135

Never as a TT as the other fellow stated no worries I have corrected the situation lol

25

haha easy as pie, RB26 tt 2.6 I6

2,975

good luck modifing at r35 those things have hand made engine with a trans that is specific to the car you can not interchange them from GTR to GTR. I meen they tune the motor in the factory in a hyperbolic type chamber so the metal doesnt expand is that crazy??

135

So you get more ladies than me perhaps but I doubt it, Nicer? well it looks nice I don't see a mod list so I am assuming that its stock or that somebody else modded it for you. My car was built and not bought it may not look good but it goes fast and thats kinda the point of a sleeper now isn't it

25

considering i go to school at the lincoln automotive instatute haha didnt i read that your car dont run.... wow you might want to get a motor before you talk shit well what ever this is the picture of the motor i swapped i got the receipt to if you want to talk shit you see were diffrent i dont talk shit i tell the truth

35

the rb26 is a first class engine but soooooooooooo much better when upgraded to an rb30!!!!!!!!!! with the right turbo etc 1200+bhp here we come!!!!!

45

they already tune them

25

i only said that cuz what he said "if its a 92 skyline, it would be the RB25DETT, and trust me i would know, my dad works for nissan and i work on nissans!"

2,975

yea a professinal shop like nismo or top secret etc. np average person or tech can do mod on it read up a little more maybe you will understand

135

Yeah I get what your saying man

140

Yea Nissan really grabbed everyone by the balls with the way they set up the GT-R. The amount of tuning that one can do to them is so minute that its really not worth the effort to do it.

rb26dett

25

i own a 32 gtst and they come with the rb20det in most cases. but they did do some with the rb25det engine as the test bed for the r33gtst. most 32's that are imported into the uk are now correctly identified but so many early ones are classed as gtr's because the dvla over here only ever knew of the gtr! it makes life really hard with insurance as they get registered with the government as rb26dett engines and when you inform them that you have an rb20det they think its been modified, so up goes your premium. most people dont even believe you when you tell them that there are more than one type of skyline. i've had so many arguments with people who say that i'm wrong and that my engine must be the 2.6 when will people learn that if you dont know what your talking about then listen to those that do. we all had to start somewhere so please stop the name calling as it helps no-one.

RB26DETT - Race Bred 2.6L Dual overhead cam Electronically fuel-injected Twin Turbo

35

there is no RB25DETT, whoever thinks the RB26DEtt is the best motor ever, isnt to keen on the motors, other than the NUR spec motor, the oil pump collars break and usually the #1 cylynder goes out becuase of oil starvation, also the turbos are absolute crap. but change those and you have a decent block, i personally would go with a 25 for my GTS.

35

but even the N1 oil pumps are crap, i would trust them either, hit the limiter a few times and youll end up busting it.