I have a used 1970 javelin hood exelent shape,can anyone give me an estimated value?

10

Asked by Apr 05, 2014 at 09:25 AM about the 1970 AMC Javelin

236,785

I found a few on ebay for $350-$600 asking price. I figure the market is small on an item like this. The problem is selling it local, because the shipping would be too expensive......http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-AMC- JAVELIN-SST-HOOD-NOS-/191079441368? pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7d38e3d8&vxp= mtr

40

Actually the market is very large. American Motors Corp. Javelin was introduced in 1968. ALL Javelin and AMX cars for 68,69 & 70 used the same hood (door skins, and tuck lids as well). Exceptions of course the "GO Pack" optioned cars that have an air scoop hood. We just bought a NOS (new old stock) hood for my 70 Javelin and paid $500. An excellent price for new, AMC factory produced equipment. If you hood is solid, clean not rusted and would be quickly prepared and painted $400-$500 would be high end of reasonable. Then add shipping and your cutting into the budget of most DIY restorations. Professional shops wouldn't blink at the cost but would have very high standards. Javelin-SST

Best Answer
10

The hood has the "go package" hood, still shines and has all the chrome trim, but no ram-air workings. Also have rear bumper in good shape. Any ideas on price and where to list to sell?

40

Looks nice. I'd guess it would command the highest comparable value; though more complicated. I haven't any figures on the "go pack" option so don't have any figures as to rarity. I'd strongly suggest checking they AMC Forum where amateur historians, restorers and professionals share tips, tricks, buy, sell and trade parts and whole cars. http://theamcforum.com/ You'll get some solid evaluation based on actual transactions. Good Luck

40

OH a tip. I just saw the chevron leading edge chrome -TRIM- for a Javelin hood selling for $ 1,000. They're rare and hard to find, in useable condition. (Little over priced I think but ... don't under estimate the value of your piece.)

10

That`s a nice hood , correct for 70 AMX or javelin with go pack. If all trim is really nice, I wouldn`t take less then $800. Try Ebay.

10

So I`m biased

10

Do you still have the hood I will buy it!

10

Yes, I still have the hood. It was purchased around 1976 and has been stored inside ever since. I live in Milwaukee, WI area. Make me a reasonable offer, I've had some but they were very low. If you would like more pictures let me know. Jim

Jim is it still for sale. I am looking for oNE for my javelin.

10

Jim, I don't know why I didn't see you're answer 5 months ago? Still interested. Could you contact me by phone. 9078412754

10

I have 2 nos hoods part # 4487710 that appear to be non-ram air 1970 in the buffalo NY area if anyone's interested. Bill

10

Need the ram air hood!

10

Sorry, the hood has been sold...