1969 Ford XL Convertible

Asked by Apr 17, 2018 at 06:25 PM about the 1969 Ford Galaxie

came across a 1 owner 1969 XL convertible. It has been sitting but it has the 429 motor package and auto.  trying to see how many were produced and what its worth restored, or project car. rough estimates

172,045

I would not pay much unless the owner can prove it is an original 429 car. A Marti report is what I would ask for or the original window sticker/build sheet.

It’s all original 1owner. With the 429 motor. I can send a few pics if you you would like to see. I was going. To buy it for just the motor u til I read that this option might of been a little rare

172,045

Get the VIN and use online vintage Ford websites to verify the build information. Post photos if you can. You can also look on Hemming's to get an idea of value. Parting this car out would be a crime!

172,045

Which 429? 2 barrel, 4 barrel or dual quads?

Best Answer Mark helpful

Here’s a pic.

172,045

From this pic I would say it is a 2 barrel engine.

172,045

It has AC which is a plus. Try Haggerty to estimate value but I would guess $5,000 without seeing the rest of the car. If it is a rust bucket deduct from that .

Here is another pic. I don’t ha e the Vin number yet

If the body and frame are not rusted out I would say it's worth approx 7-10k. If it has bucket seats and console and a few options like pwr windows pwr steering pwr brakes etc and the top is in good condition and the motor runs, then the value would be higher.