Anybody know where to find a substitute parts database...

35

Asked by Sep 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM about the 1969 Ford Galaxie

I have a 69 Galaxie 500 and I know some of the odd unavailable parts could be subbed in from other models... like the gas tank fuel sender and brake drums and master cylinders...

85

I don't know of a data base, but I can give a little advise. As is with many newer vehicles, old vehicles had a lot of the same parts in that era all engine of the same size will work. Obviously. Galaxie is a big car and most big car part work with the other big fords. I'm thinking rear ends, transmissions, alternator, radiators, etc. The best thing to do is find and old junk yard with older guys working there and make friends. These old guys that have been working in a yard all there life know everything about part swapping. Sometimes just being a frequent and polite customer will get you a long ways.